ENGLISH MEDIUM ASSEMENT WORKSHEET :- SCIENCE
Science Assessment 1. Solution
QUESTION 1 :- Leaves are generally green in colour due to the presence of _____ .
QUESTION 2:- Which of the following is the function of stomata ?
- Exchange of gases and transpiration
QUESTION 3 :- Which of the following should be done to reduce water pollution ?
- Treating sewage before discharge into water bodies
QUESTION 4 :- which of the following is present in animal cell ?
- Cell membrane
QUESTION 5 :- Which of the following is the biggest cell ?
- ostrich egg
QUESTION 6 :- Identify the metal which exists as liquid at room temperature ?
QUESTION 7 :- The property of metal to get beaten into thin sheets is called _______ .
QUESTION 8 :- Non-metals like sulphur reacts with oxygen to produce
- Acidic oxides which turn blue litmus red
QUESTION 9 :- Which of the following are NOT the source of air pollution ?
- Planting of trees
QUESTION 10 :- Which of the following is not a Unicellular organism ?
- Human beings
Science Assessment 2. Solution
Read the passage and choose the correct option Solvent – The substance in which another substance is mixed is called the Solvent. For Example, Water is a solvent in which we can mix different substances such as salt or sugar.Solute – The substance that is added to the solvent to form a solution is called a Solute. e.g Salt, when mixed in water, acts as a solute for the mixture(solution).Tincture Iodine is a solution of iodine in alcohol.In this solution iodine is the solute while water and alcohol are QUESTION 1:- In tincture of iodine, which one is true?
- Iodine is the solute and alcohol is the solvent
QUESTION 2:- In a solution of sugar in water:
- water is solvent and sugar is solute
QUESTION 3 :- The component present in large amount in a solution is called………….
QUESTION 4 :- A component present in lesser quantity in a solution is called………..
QUESTION 5:– We can dissolve more quantity of solute in a solvent by :
- Heating it
QUESTION 6 :- More amount of sugar can be dissolved in ________ water
QUESTION 7:- What are unicellular and multicellular organism? Answer :- Unicellular organisms are made up of only one cell that carries out all the functions for example :- amoeba . multicellular organisms are made up of more than one cell and in the organised one or more cell perform one function for example :- human being QUESTION 8:- Name the different part of a Plant.
- plant have main six basic part :- roots , stems , leaves , flowers , fruits and seeds .
QUESTION 9 :- Write physical properties of metals?
- Metal are Malleable
- metal are ductile in nature .
- metal are good conductor of heat and electricity .
- metal are lustrous which means they have shiny appearance .
- metal are hard we cannot cut them easily
QUESTION 10:- Suggest three measures to control air pollution.
- Major control air pollution avoid burning leaves and other materials , using public transport , don’t use plastic bags , implement afforestation .
QUESTION 11 :- How will you prepare ORS solution at home?
- Step to make ORS take one litre of clean drinking water and boil water and then keep it to cool down . prepare a solution in a clean vessel by mixing 6 teaspoon of sugar and half of salt , mix till the salt and sugar dissolve now your ors is ready to use .
Science Assessment 3. Solution
QUESTION 1:- Which one of the following will result in the formation of a mixture?
- Adding milk in water
QUESTION 2 :- Which of the following will make the path of light visible on passing through it?
- Colloid solution
QUESTION 3:- Which of the following is an example of a homogeneous substance?
- Copper sulphate solution
QUESTION 4 :- Identify the incorrect statement:
- Suspensions are homogeneous mixtures.
QUESTION 5:- Which property of metals is used for making bells and strings of musical instruments like Sitar and Violin?
QUESTION 6:- Which of the following upon shaking with water will not form a true solution?
QUESTION 7 :- Which of the following g statements is/are correct about metals:
- They can be drawn into thin wires.
QUESTION 8:- Blood and sea water are
- both mixtures.
two statements are given- one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other is labelled as Reason (R). Select the correct answer to these questions from the codes (a), (b), (c) and (d) as given below: A) Both A and R are true, and R is correct explanation of the assertion. B) Both A and R are true, but R is not the correct explanation of the assertion. C) A is true, but R is false. D) A is false, but R is true. QUESTION 9:- Assertion (A) : A solution of table salt in a glass of water is heterogeneous . Reason(R) : A solution having same composition throughout is homogeneous.
- D ( A is false, but R is true )
QUESTION 10:- Assertion (A): True solution do not exhibits Tyndall effect. Reason (R): Particles are very large in size.
- C (A is true, but R is false.)
Science Assessment 4. Solution
Read the following and answers questions A solution is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances. These substances may be solid, liquid or gas. Solutions also exist in solid form and are called Alloys. Solubility of a solution increases with the increase in the Temperature. Saturation level of a solution can be increased by increase in the temperature of the solution. QUESTION:- 1 Which of the following is not an example of solid- liquid solution.
- honey in water
QUESTION:- 2 Which of the following is an example of solid solution.
QUESTION:- 3 After analyzing the given student concluded: I. Solubility of a solution increased with the increase in the temperature of the solution. II. Solubility does not affect by increase or decrease in the temperature of the solution. III. Saturation level of a solution can be increased by increase in the temperature of the solution. IV. At 900 C the dissolved amount of sodium chloride is maximum. Choose the correct conclusions from the following options:
- I, III, and IV
QUESTION:- 4 which among the following is not a colloid solution
- aerated drink
QUESTION:- 5 Which of the following mixtures is stable?
- Milk in water
QUESTION:- 6 Name the two components of a colloidal solution. Name these components in clouds
- There are two component of colloid solution dispersed phase and dispersion medium . Cloud is a colloid system in which the dispersed phase is liquid and dispersion medium are gas .
QUESTION:- 7 Explain any two physical properties of metals
- Two physical property of metal are they are good conductor of heat and electricity they are malleable and ductile .
QUESTION:- 8 Classify the following substances into mixtures and compounds
- Mixture :- Steel , air and soft drink
- compound :- water , carbon dioxide and baking soda
QUESTION:- 9 In which of the following mixture ,path of light rays will be visible? Why? 3 a) salty water b) sugar in water c) milk in water d) lemonade
- milk in water will show a path of light as it is a colloid solution which show the tyndall effect .
QUESTION:- 10 You are given three beakers, A,B and C. One of these is a solution, other two are colloidal solution and suspension. Explain how will you identify these mixture types using Tyndall effect.
- We will identify mixture type using tyndall effect by passing light through a b and c
- a beam of light will pass straight without scattering in case of solution
- when the suspension is settle it will not disperse the beam of light flash on it but when the suspense is not settle the beam of light scattered and the path of light will be become visible
- when light is flash on colloid solution of sulphur it will be scattered .
Science Assessment 4. Solution
QUESTION:-1 The main constituent of cell-wall in plant cell is:
QUESTION:-2 Which of the following is an example of a single cell that does not function as a full edged organism?
- White blood cells (WBC)
QUESTION 3 :- Plastids which are responsible for giving colors to fruits and flowers are?
QUESTION 4 :- Which of the following is NOT involved in the synthesis of proteins?
- Smooth ER
QUESTION 5 :- Which of the following is present in onion cells but not in human cheek cells ?
QUESTION 6 :- A type of cell division where number of chromosomes gets reduced to half after division is :
QUESTION 7 :- If we place some red blood cell in the following solutions. In which of the solutions these cell increase in size
- Hypotonic solution
QUESTION :- 8 Which of the cell organelle is known as suicidal begs of the cell
two statements are given- one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other is labelled as Reason (R). Select the correct answer to these questions from the codes (a), (b), (c) and (d) as given below: a) Both A and R are true, and R is correct explanation of the assertion. b) Both A and R are true, but R is not the correct explanation of the assertion. c) A is true, but R is false. d) A is false, but R is true. QUESTION 9 :- Assertion (A) : A virus is a prokaryotic organism. Reason(R) : A virus is living when it is in its host. It is neither prokaryotic nor eukaryotic.
- D (A is false, but R is true.)
QUESTION 10 :- Assertion (A): Mitochondria is known as power house of the cell. Reason (R): ATP is produced by mitochondria.
- A (Both A and R are true, and R is correct explanation of the assertion.)